WordPress – An Easiest Content Management System
WordPress is, without a doubt, the easiest CMS you would ever work with. It is flexible enough to suit small business websites, online shops, bigger organizations and so on. The reasons for such robustness are obvious:
But more importantly:
- WordPress lets you make a website on-the-go. As compared to HTML where you would need 6+ months to learn the language, let alone CSS and PHP, learning HTML isn’t a recommended way for you to create a website.
- There are many website builders available in the market. However, they come with a hefty price and are often very limited.
- And finally, WordPress is just so much fun to work with, thanks to its user-friendly aesthetics.
Here are the stats that say it all:
Once you are all set to create your very own website, here’s what your journey would look like:
- How to find and register your domain?
- What will be your best web host?
- How to install WordPress?
- How to install free WordPress themes?
- How to create pages in WordPress
- How to choose add-ons and extensions
- How to add more features
Fortunately, creating a website using free WordPress themes is a relatively straightforward process. You would not need much technical knowledge of web development and you will see your site come alive right in front of you.
So, How To Create A Website Using Free WordPress Themes?
STEP 1 Choose A Web Host and Register Your Domain
For setting up your WordPress site, you’re going to need two things:
- Domain Name (a web address like SiteName.com)
- Web Hosting (a service provider that connects your site to the world wide web)
Pro Tip: Instead of choosing the weird extensions, simply opt for .com, .net or .org.
STEP 2 Set Up Your Website
With your domain name and host set up, you are closer to creating your website. Now it’s time to make things up and running. First of all, you need to install WordPress to your domain.
You can choose either of the ways to install WordPress, one MUCH easier than the other.
1. Use the “one-click installation”:
- Log in to your hosting account.
- Go to the control panel.
- Choose “WordPress” or “Website” icon.
- Choose the target domain to install your new website.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
2. Install WordPress Manually
In case your hosting company does not provide you with the one-click-installation process, you can install WordPress manually.
STEP 3 Design Your Website
Once WordPress is successfully installed, you’ll see a very rough canvas for your website.
It’s time to get a free WordPress theme from BeTheme WordPress Themes – a free design template that defines how your website will look.
Now comes the fun part – you will have options to choose from a wide range of premium WordPress themes. Most of these are free and can be customized as per your needs.
STEP 4: Add Content
With your theme installed, you can start uploading relevant content on your website. If prospect content will be SEO perspective then it will be a plus point for your site.
How to add content?
You can search on the sidebar in the Dashboard for “Pages” -> “Add New”. Now simply add text, images, gifs, videos, and everything you wished to have on your website.